Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday was a sunny day!


Wow - 70 degrees here today - in St. Louis, MO - amazing! My husband spent the morning trimming our bradford pear tree with our friend Vader. My husband was then too tired to bike with me, but our friend Vader was game! I warned him that he should take a water bottle... but he is only 20 and now his lesson is learned!

We biked out of the neighborhood down to our flat land... heading down to the flatland is a 1 mile downhill - that we probably hit 20+mph heading down. We have hit higher than that in the past, but it was a tad bit windy today. At the bottom, Vader asked if we have to go back up that hill... I smiled an evil smile and said YEP! (Of course, the picture is what Vader thought the hill looked like, it wasn't quite that big!)

Of course, he probably doesn't remember the rest of the ride because he was filled with dread about returning to that hill. We biked a great flat area, hit our local park and did two laps on the wooded trail. I wanted to cross our bridge into a little town- but they have started demolition on the bridge to replace it - so I lost one of my FAVORITE routes!! So we stayed in the park (called Mini Ha Ha) and built up our miles.

Then we headed back to the house. We talked along the flats and I warned him to pick up speed upon approaching the hill. He almost fell off his bike when the seat turned on him, but he handled the scare well, adjusted the seat and kept on! He picked up speed and he mastered that hill! It is a KILLER 1 mile uphill ride... and we made it to the top. Of course, half way up, Vader was begging for water ;) ... lesson learned!!

Upon arriving home, we covered 9 miles, burning 500 calories!!

What I learned today: Need to find a few new routes to replace my bridge route.

Tomorrow:
Weights and running!

No comments:

Post a Comment