Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day 3... bump on a log!

Well... it took awhile to get moving today, but eventually I dragged myself away from the TV (after watching 2 movies) and went upstairs to do my weight/situp routine. Pretty standard stuff... warmed up with leg lifts and stretches, then work out included my heavy, heavy 10lb dumbells - doing 12 sets of hammer curls x 2, 12 overhead lifts x2, 12 dead lifts x2 and my favorite, the upper arm kickback 12 x2 sets! I also did 12 wall pushups...really cannot do a pushup to save my life - but that will have to be a future goal. Once on the floor, I did 50 crunches and 30 situps holding my 10lb weight and my head bangers (described on day 1), I also did 20 crunches with my feet overhead - reaching for my toes... something we do in a class that is a FANTASTIC crunch. After 20 minutes of this total workout I burned a whoppin 100 calories - but I did get up and MOVE! I should add, I also spend time stretching after all my workouts.

Tomorrow is day 2 of the Couch to 5K program - so for dinner tonight, I had a healthy whole wheat spaghetti and heart healthy Prego spaghetti sauce. Hoping the carbs help out tomorrow during my 2nd day of the workout!

What I learned today? More like what I remembered today... Moleskin is a lifesaver for those blisters! If you haven't tried it - you can get it at any pharmacy or Wal Mart store. We can't have enough in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment