Monday, January 18, 2010

Martin Luther King Day...

The quote for the day: I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear. ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.

I have been neglecting my blog mostly due to charity duties. Friday was my first day of the C25k 3rd week. Happy to report I was very successful, running my required time!! I also did a full weght workout - burning over 500 calories.

Friday night was spent working for the MicroFinancing Partners in Africa (MPA). Saturday was spent working for MPA most of the day. So, Saturday was a day off.

Sunday was a great workout with my daughter, who was home from college for the weekend. We are doing the 1/2 marathon together - so we did a quick 4 miles in the neighborhood. It is good to walk outside and not on the treadmill. We did run partway and she is really good for my pace and form! She was constantly reminding me to put my head up, back straight and lift my legs.

Today I have spent time cleaning house...and will do day two of week 3 in the C25k program and maybe add in a biggest loser workout dvd too!

What I learned today: I have poor posture for running - need to keep that in focus for my runs (it will most definitely help me breathe better too!)...

Tomorrow: weight workout - maybe a class! Yoga? Step??

No comments:

Post a Comment