Thursday, January 14, 2010

Yoga....aaaahhhhh.....

Today was my very first yoga class. At the end of class, we went through some wonderful relaxation technique... that made me want to sleep driving home.

Class, on the other hand, was not so relaxing. Let me start prior to class... did a quick 3 minutes on the elliptical to warm up and then did my normal upper body workout and crunches. After burning 100 calories - headed into yoga for 45 minutes - thinking I wouldn't burn any calories. WRONG! I burned 200 calories in yoga, probably because I do not bend the right direction, and leaning forward on my hands with my tail in the air is a tad bit stressful on my body. I could do almost everything, but not sure how graceful I was compared to the others...I was too busy watching the instructor trying to keep up.

I have to admit, I did enjoy the relaxation and the breathing. I am really hoping the breathing will help with my running breathing. Not so sure about some of the positions, but I will continue to try it for a few weeks.

What I learned today: I am more flexible than I think - but definitely have room to grow!

Tomorrow: Week 3 of C25k - day 1!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment