Saturday, January 30, 2010

Friday - again....


Kinda like Groundhog Day - the movie, I seem to be having the same run, over and over again!

I get all the way to the second half mile of this run (which happens when I am at 1.75 to 2.25 miles into the run) and I seem to flail. While I still had an excellent overall workout! I took advantage of continuing my walk to 4.25 miles (gearing up for the 1/2 mara) and felt great overall! I also finished in 63 minutes - which is a decent pace.

I did get some advice yesterday to slow down even more. I will add, yesterday I was running at 4.6 instead of 4.5 so I am probably causing my own problems. The 'coach' said that my lactic acid was probably building up by that second 1/2 mile run and if I slowed down, I may be able to alter that feeling of exhaustion.

After failing at my second 1/2, I did do some interval training running for 1 minute at 5mph and walking to cool down. I did that at least 4 times and loved it. I also noted my HR was under 190 the entire time - so all of this is good news!

I did burn over 700 calories after cooling down, situps and crunches.

What I learned today: I brought my clothes to work to workout during lunch - but grabbed my sweatpants instead of capris - I WAS HOT working out in the gym. Preparing properly for the run is KEY! At least I still did the workout - but hated running in pants.

Tomorrow (well, today)... not sure - after burning 700 cals for 3 days in a row - may take today off!

1 comment:

  1. Maryellen, just reviewed your blog and I am so proud of you. I have signed up to follow you progress.

    Will be in touch soon!!! Again, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete