Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thursday...SNOW!

Today was a nice day of staying inside :) and enjoying the view of snow! We only received about 3 inches, but the dog liked it!

I was fortunate to work from home today - however, when I work from home, I tend to stay on the sofa with the computer on my lap. I get stiff from sitting still so long - I get sooo focused on work, and before you know it 6 hours is gone and I haven't moved - so not sure working from home is good for my health! (Great for my mood - to avoid driving in the snow...just not healthy to sit still so darn long!)

I was pretty tired after my hard workout yesterday, but I felt GREAT today. Really suprisingly great! Energized... kinda caught offguard by feeling good after feeling so poorly yesterday after my workout.

I did add a banana yesterday and today to my diet - and noticed no leg cramps - so very happy about that! I know that food balance is really important to workouts, so I am focusing more on that too. I am also cutting out soda (or at least not drinking it before a "run" day)... my son's cross country coaches always lectured against carbonation for runners...so wondering if that may help my breathing??

I finally did my "light" workout around 5pm tonight. Burned just over 100 calories doing my typical upper body weight routine, along with wall pushups (eventually I'll get to the floor ones) and of course 50 crunches, 30 situps with my 10lb weight and 30 head bangers :) with my heavy 10lb weight.

It was a nice workout - not too strenuous -but definitely feel it in the arms!

Tomorrow: Week 2, day 1 of the C25k! Very excited about this!!
What I learned today: I need to get off the sofa more when I work from home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment